1. Switch off HTTPS at the Next controller
- In order to be able to communicate with the API, the SSL certificate should first be switched off in the NEXT control on the machine or remotely.
- This can be found under Settings –> User settings –> DATRON next Live (App) in the Next control.
- If you then scroll down the page, you can press the button (marked blue in the image) so that the SSL certificate is not used.
2. Navigate to the API documentation
- If you have activated the API and a user account in the Next control, you can access the API and its documentation.
- All requests and commands are listed there in the API documentation.
- You can access the documentation by writing the extension “/apiviewer” behind the existing IP address (of your machine) in the browser.
- Example: http://80.000.08.88/apiviewer
- IMPORTANT: For this step you should always use Http and not Https in the URL.
3. Generate authentication tokens
- On the documentation page under the USER category you will find a POST command: /Create Token
- If you click there on “Try Out”, a field opens, in which you can enter your user data.
- Then click on the Execute button.
- You will get a token and a version (e.g. v1.0) of the API, which should be included in the http header of all http requests to be able to authenticate to the API